Success story of a former ISLN student: Mohamed Jabeur
Author: Eya
I conducted an interview in Nabeul with Mohamed
Jabeur who is a successful student ISLN graduate and who is now following a master’s
degree at ISLT.
We are asking him through this
interview about the secrets of his success, the problems that he has faced and
his advice for ISLN students .
Hello Mohamed a warm welcome, can you tell me a little
bit about yourself ?
Hello Eya, thank you for this invitation, I’m
Mohamed Jabeur, 24 years old, I had my diploma from ISLN and now I study at
ISLT for a Masters’ degree. I’m the founder of Mawsoa school website, General
secretary of the Tunisian Red Crescent of Megrine. I’m a trainer. I teach
people soft skills like public speaking, communication and team building.
As a successful person, what is your definition of success
?
Success is the art of dealing with problems and
overcoming challenges. When you face problems you’ll succeed, you’ll find solutions,
you’ll come up with new ideas and all these things will make you successful. Success
comes from personal motivation. You have to set your own goals, to set your
time, to invest in it, to attend meetings. It’s like a war with a series of
small battles. When you lose a battle you can after all win the war. To be
successful you also have to be creative.
What challenges did you face while creating your
website?
Basically financial challenges. Since there is
no financial aid in Tunisia, you have to rely on yourself, you have to get your
own money and start your own business. Second, I faced technical challenges as I’m
not an expert in technology. These are the main challenges that I faced.
Mawsoa school was developed three times, and
now we are working on the fourth edition which is more developed in terms of
service and quality.
Challenges are everywhere and you have to face them.
Last year, we had a technical problem that shut
down our website four days, it was a period of exams and it was an embarrassing
situation for me. I didn’t know how to deal with these struggles but I ended
with coming up with the solution and I overcame the problem
.
What motivated you to solve them?
Motivation is key, when you set your goals and dreams.
Then you have to work on them.
Whenever you have a dream you’ll fight to
realise it .Don’t wait for the others to help you, or wait for opportunities.
The better thing is to create your own
opportunity.
We need to consider the problems we have in
Tunisia and then invest in them. Every problem has a solution and every
solution is a business.
Is there anyone who was by your side and helped you to
overcome those problems?
Yes, my teachers in secondary school helped me to make courses on my website and to share knowledge with people. My friends also helped me to overcome technical problems, my family encouraged me also to solve a technical problems in Mawsoa school website , and it was so kind of them.
Mawsoa
school website
Have you ever had a moment of depression? If yes, how have
you dealt with it?
Like everyone I had many moments of depression.
When you work on your business you’ll have depressions, sometimes you estimate things that can never
happen, sometimes people let you down, so all these things build yourself and
help you to overcome all the challenges you face. The more you face depression
the stronger you become. It’s important to know how to deal with depression .
the first thing that you have to do is to listen to yourself the second thing
is that you have to talk with people that you trust.
What are the basic skills that can make
someone successful?
Leadership, public speaking stress management,
all these skills are important but the most important is to practice these
skills
Are you nostalgic of ISLN days?
Sure, ISLN is an important step in my success
stoy. My first beginnings started from ISLN. I still have contact with students
from ISLN. I had the best teachers ever there, they were good listeners and
educators. They were all the time pushing us and motivating us for work. They
were not simple professors, doing their jobs, presenting their courses and leavng
. It’s more than that. They used to share with us joy and sorrow. They were and
even still are close to us . Oh! I ‘m so nostalgic of ISLN.
What do you want to say to
ISLN current students?
Since you are a student there, you have an
opportunity, you have to work hard, and if you work hard and smart you’ll get
good marks and you’ll succeed in terms of academic life and I advice you to
create clubs there to improve your personality and public speaking, try to make
some challenges between each others, so you can come up with new ideas.
Thank you, I’m glad to have met
such a successful person like you, good continuation.
Thank
you, I wish that I did my best to answer all your questions, wish you all the
best.


Comments
Post a Comment